Snap a picture, tag it, post it, and voilà: more people in the library! Is it really that easy? At our April webinar, we invited two librarians to talk about how they use Instagram, the Facebook-owned photo social network. Both of these librarians have used creative and downright funny tactics to bring attention to the great work their libraries are doing. Our guests were
- Ray DeLara, Burlingame Public Library (California)
- Amanda Zuccarelli, Cherry Hill Public Library (New Jersey)
We surveyed our webinar attendees to see if they're using Instagram and what they hope to accomplish with it.
- 56 percent of attendees reported that their library has an Instagram account
- 88 percent said they want to promote library services and programs
- 87 percent want to connect with library users
- 84 percent said they want to attract new library users