Thanks to everyone who attended today's "Better Together: Tech Trainers Sharing Expertise" webinar. A special thanks to everyone who shared resources and ideas.If you missed the webinar, but are interested in tech training, you'll definitely want to check out the recording and the resources!
I'm including resources that Stephanie and I mentioned and also resources that were mentioned by attendees.
Where can you find good training materials?
- My PC Series
- Digital Literacy Portal
- Colorado’s BTOP Resources
- Broadband Rhode Island
- New York State Library resources
- The Beehive
- ABLE (staff training)
- In Pictures
- GCF LearnFree.org
- Teach Parents Tech
- Community Technology Network
- Microsoft Digital Literacy
- Oasis Connections
- And another useful mouse tutorial
- BBC WebWise
- Houston Public Library's training materials
For a little "spice" try...
- Common Craft also see TechSoup's Common Craft webinar
- TechSoup Atomic Training
- TechSoup easyLearning
- TechSoup gotomeeting
- TechSoup ReadyTalk
Where can you find information on how to be a better trainer?
- Garr Reynolds Presentation Zen
- Colorado State Library Tech Training for Libraries
- The Accidental Technology Trainer
- TechSoup for Libraries tech training blog series by Crystal
- The Power of Image WebJunction webinar
Where can you connect with other trainers?
- ALA’s Learning Round Table
- Facebook group Technology Training and Libraries
- T is for Training
- NCompass Live (NE)
- Tech Tools with Tine (TX)
Organizations and Additional Resources
- Register for the January 15th Broadband Basics webinar
- TechSoup soup recipes
- TechSoup for Libraries
- Edge Benchmarks
- Benchark 9 on Sharing Expertise
Today's webinar was part of a series of webinars exploring the Edge benchmarks. Learn more at Library Edge.