Back in July, we wrote about the Middletown Free Library's t-shirt fundraising campaign with TechSoup donor partner Teespring. Middletown has now created a repeat of the successful summer fundraising campaign! If you have been looking for a new fundraising idea, check out the Teespring donation program.
Teespring is an online fundraising platform that allows you to crowdfund custom t-shirts. It allows you to create and sell custom t-shirts with no upfront costs and no risk. There's no guessing how many shirts or what sizes you'll need, and no passing out t-shirts one by one and chasing people down for payment.
Middletown Free Library's new campaign informs shoppers,
"We want to continue to improve your experience!! When you purchase a t-shirt you will help us raise money to pave the way for better lighting, comfortable seating, programs and more."
Here's how it works:
- Work with Teespring's designers to create a t-shirt.
- Choose a dollar amount as your overall fundraising goal and set a price for each shirt (Teespring will help you determine the price for each shirt).
- Launch a campaign page where you can send people to support the goal by ordering and paying for a shirt. Share the link using email and social networks!
- Sell shirts on the site until your campaign ends. People will not be charged until the overall campaign goal is reached. If the campaign goal is reached, buyers will be charged and Teespring will print and ship the shirts.
- Your group will receive a check for the profit amount!
There are no campaign costs or fees. For successful campaigns, your group receives all the profits above the base price of each shirt and a flat per-shirt fee from Teespring. If you do not reach the campaign goal, you can relaunch an unsuccessful campaigns without additional work or fees.
Premium Consultation Offer for TechSoup Members
Teespring offers consultation services to help organizations with shirt design, marketing strategy, and account management. Support resources are also available online through the donor's website. The administrative fee for this product is $20.
Not yet a TechSoup member? Here's more information on how to become one!