Caspio Bridge, now available as a software donation through TechSoup, can be used to create, customize, and host multiple databases all in one place. With this cloud-based tool, you can build searchable online databases and tailor them to your library’s needs. You can create searchable archives of historic community photos or other materials, design forms to gather community feedback on reading series and events, organize fundraising information, or even ask your patrons what books and periodicals they would like to see on your shelves. Check out Caspio’s website for more examples of how Caspio Bridge can be adapted to your needs.
CaspioBridge gives you:
- Access to cloud-based tools, to create both databases and interfaces to them — such as web forms and reports — all without having to do actual programming.
- Helpful wizards to guide you through database creation, either from scratch or from existing files.
- DataPages, which are database-connected web applications such as search forms, whose look and feel you can customize through built-in style sheets.
- An extensive library of support videos and online help documents to walk you through Caspio Bridge’s features.
- The option to integrate Caspio Bridge into your existing web pages, or to have Caspio host your databases itself, freeing up your servers.
- One year of access to Caspio for one person to author up to 5 DataPages, and any number of people to use them.
While its guides and wizards simplify the database creation process, and no actual programming knowledge is required, Caspio Bridge is best suited to libraries with staff and volunteers who are comfortable with website development.
CaspioBridge is a GreenTech product. Since Caspio hosts your databases, it can help free your library from needing to maintain its own servers, leading to reduced energy consumption. Learn more about Caspio Bridge and how it could help your library.